Caution -- Under Construction!!
I need Rae to help me put our photos in the proper order, to flow sequentually. Help!! For now, begin with the oldest post, and work backward, if you please.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My first home



This is the house that my wonderful father built in 1948, and in which I grew up. We had bountious trees and and lots of green grass -- grass that my Dad had replanted from Arroyo Seco Park, 'so it was very hardy' he would say. Our favorite thing to do in the evenings after dinner was to go out and play catch with a softball as a family on the side yard, which is not visible.

2 comments:

Mandie Green said...

All that is missing is Granddad's green Mercedes in the drive way. I looked at the house and suddenly wanted avocado toast.

Marci said...

I love to hear stories from people's lives! I hope that you have a great time blogging!

(By the way this is Raela's friend who sells Usborne Books)

Did the grandkids enjoy the books?